The web hosting services are generally provided by a hosting company which looks after all the technical and other aspects. But a new concept is fast gaining popularity of cheap reseller web hosting in which the customer’s purchase hosting services from some resellers or intermediary firms.
These resellers generally have large accounts with the hosting company which they sub-divide into small chunks and sell to different users. This concept has been largely welcomed by small firms and businesses who require hosting services at cheap prices.
There are many cheap reseller hosting companies, with each one selling almost similar set of services. A few basic guidelines are given here to help the end users find a cheap reseller host company which can fulfil their requirements:
- Identify your basic needs: The first and most important step is to identify the set of services required by you. Some of the essential services are bandwidth and memory space allocated. Different reseller web hosting companies have different packages – you will have to decide which company can provide you with the desired services within your budget.
- Visit different vendors: Try to visit different companies and websites to know the services and prices of different companies. Apart from the space and bandwidth, some other important things to look for are the kind of customer support provided. Reseller web host which can offer 24 hour customer support are the best.
- Test the hardware: You should test the hardware/equipment of the companies which you consider to be good. You can do it by asking these reseller hosting companies the name of the websites which they are currently hosting so that you can test these websites. Good companies who are confident about their services will readily comply with your request. The companies which fail to fulfil your requests must not be considered at any costs.
- Test the support services: You must also test the customer support services of the affordable reseller hosting companies that you have short-listed. You can do it by calling the phone numbers provided and sending emails to them. The company with the least response time is the best. The companies which are slow to respond must be eliminated from your list.
- Visit online forums: You must also visit the online sites to read the reviews given by actual users to identify the reseller web hosting companies which provide good services at cheap costs. The companies with the most favorable reviews are the best ones. You must read reviews from more than one site to help you to decide properly.
Another important thing that you must consider is not to base your decision on price alone. It may happen that the company with the cheapest rates may not be able to provide good services. Hence, look for a cheap reseller web hosting company which can provide you with good quality of services at reasonable prices.